Thursday, October 22, 2009

What A Deal

Impulse deals this weekend: Red Faction: Guerilla for $19.99 and A.I. War: Fleet Command for $14.99 .

I've already written about RF: G at length, and it's still the game I've had the most fun with this year. And $20 is an INSANE price for a game of this quality.

I haven't written about A.I. War before now, but it's an indie game with tremendous appeal. The first time I heard about it was from your e-mail, which has been 100% positive, and my time with the game has been uniformly positive as well.

Here's a brief description from the game's website:
- Space-based RTS, single player or up to 8 player co-op.
- Powerful emergent AI that retreats, probes defenses, and surprises even veterans with intelligent tactics.
- 30,000+ ships at a time on 10-120 simultaneous planetary battlefields.
- Different Every Time: 16 billion procedural maps, each with specific units.
- A focus on deep strategy with nearly no micromanagement.

Co-op is unique in that up to eight human players battle two computer-controlled civilizations, and that innovation alone, coupled with the excellent A.I., makes the game worth experiencing. Even better, the tutorials are thorough and well-designed, and there's also a Wiki that's very helpful.

Developer support has been excellent as well, so this is a game that's well worth checking out. You can also download a demo here.

Site Meter