Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Late but Likeable

One of my favorite people in the world has a daughter who turned one a few months ago. I asked him what she might like for Christmas, and he said that a homemade card with a bird or a lion on it would be something that she would really enjoy.

I told Eli 11.4 about this, and he said he'd be happy to make a drawing for her. His schedule was so busy, though, that it didn't happen before Christmas. Last night, he said that he would sit down today and do the drawing so that our friend's daughter would have it by Friday.

I came in from work today and saw this:


"What is that?" I asked.

"It's a light table," he said. "The light shines up through the first drawing, and I can trace the outline."

Well, then. He knew about light tables from art class, then decided to make his own with whatever he could find around the house.

I was surprised by how much time he spent working on the drawing. Over an hour, easily, and he was very careful and tried to be precise (even using marking pens, which make it tough to fix mistakes).

Yellow and purple were reported as favorite colors, and he wanted to make it look like something a very little girl would like, so here's what he wound up with:


Site Meter